View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jackthedog

I feel so much better reading your posts, you don't know how much it means to me. It amazes me how perfect strangers can be so caring and someone you are married to can be so mean. I am at peace staying home with my son and his buddy, went to the store and bought ice cream, snacks, chicken wings and dr. pepper for the boys.

I agree to just stay away from him and his family. They don't want to shut me out but I think I have to set some boundaries with them too. His mother told me a week ago when I talked to her that she expected me to be at Thanksgiving dinner, since she and her ex made an effort to be together at holidays after their divorce, "for the children" and the children were adults when they divorced and they didn't like it when their parents were together like that. I told her I couldn't be around him because he wasn't good for my soul.

I am proud of myself for how I handled the decision to stay home. When my aunt called me just before they left for dinner she tried to convince me to go anyways, but I told her that is one way to deal with it, but this is my way to deal with it.

And what about our son? When will people think about him? Don't they think it was hard for him to see his parents not talking to one another?

I took the dog for a walk in the freezing cold and called my best friend so I have done all I can do for now I guess.

thanks everyone!