View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Selma

Thank you all for your honest and wise advice.

I cannot believe how blind I am.

When we first met, he hid my problem from me probably out of insecurity and the fact that he did not know me too well. However, after we started to become closer, he has been extremely open and honest about everything. He has a valid license, a great and responsible worker, he never ever borrows money from anyone, he never disappears without telling me where he's going.. I know he isn't hiding anymore secrets from me, but that does not make the truth any easier. I think that there is a huge part of himself that is in denial perhaps.. but then again, I cannot know for certain. The fact that I've only known him for six months is important for me to realize.

I seen those red flags like a shining alarm, but there was a part of me that refused to take notice... Even now, I'm having trouble digesting the fact that this may be an extremely difficult issue. I've seen him have a couple of drinks and stop, but on the other hand I've witnessed him take it too far.. It's continuously back and forth, and that is why I was confused.

I know I cannot solve this. He must seek help for himself and until he does that, I've painfully come to realize that this may not work after all.

I will continue to research more about this, and I still welcome any input. Thank you again.