View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

hi BeProactive...I just wanted to chime in with a late WELCOME TO SR, and also to comment on your last post.

IMO, nothing has changed where your AH is concerned. He's drinking like he was before. He's just drinking in another country. Unless I misread your initial post, I think this shouldn't really surprise you. He's doing what an alcoholic deep in his addiction will do.

My peace is shattered and my reaction is of extreme anger. (snip) AH doesnt help with any of this and on top of all my struggles - have to deal with this situation as well

Why do you have to deal with this situation? It is not your job to pick up after him, to call his family to let them know he's drinking (again), or to find him a rehab where he can go pretend to be sober for a while.

Perhaps the next time a friend of his calls to tell you what your AH is doing, you can calmly thank him and tell him that you are no longer his mommy, and hang up the phone.

Protect your serenity by letting go and letting god. Seeing as:
You didn't CAUSE it
You can't CURE it
You can't CONTROL it
...you might as well keep doing what you were doing, move forward with protecting your finances from this man, and focus on yourself and your children.