View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

I was a dog guy all my life, the first cat I ever got was around 15 or so years ago. Got him for my dog, she was lonely and I didn't want 2 dogs....I was way too lazy for all that responsibility.

We all moved up here, she (the dog) died at 16yo, he hauled azz and disappeared for around 3 months, the second day in our new town. Came home Christmas day that year. He was an all black tomcat, just like the 20 pounder on my lap right now.

He died from an infection he got in a cat fight, because I refused to "fix" him. Thought I was doing him a favor. My bad.

This cat came from a shelter here in town 10 years ago. He was a normal sized grown, young cat according to the shelter workers. Apparently, he was around 6 mths old, since he roughly doubled in size.

He has converted me to a cat guy. Sleeps with me every night for the last 10 years. Doesn't just "lay down" next to me, he "jams" himself against me. He minds me, he often even talks back to me. I love him. At least as much as my old dog, who's resting comfortably in an urn on the book shelf.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

Oh, welcome to SR Rosin.