View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BeProactive

Update: Got a call from a friend of his that AH is drinking all day and not doing anything, not even stepping out and asking me what to do. I gave him the name of a rehab center and told him to try to get AH to get admitted there. I also informed his sister here about this development. I have tried a couple of times to involve his family (they think I have to handle him, be more loving to AH and "change" him somehow) and my relationship with them is quite strained now.

My peace is shattered and my reaction is of extreme anger. I am struggling here worrying about starting a new job, working at my current job, taking care of the kids, making sure the household is running and trying to make decisions about how to move forward. AH doesnt help with any of this and on top of all my struggles - have to deal with this situation as well.

I have a lot of anger and resentment against AH and in general about this situation. Therapist said it is natural and it wont change unless the situation changes and I make changes. Was peaceful for a while there and even from across a different country, AH creates drama. I know the answer to this - is to go NC and detach even more but there is still a piece of me wanting to "fix" this issue..