Thread: Wife Relapsed
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Spectral

Wife relapsed

Thanks for your kind messages.

Campsurf, thanks for your poem, I was crying.

The thing is my wife is permanently drunk. She is supposed to be looking for a job and getting viewings for flats but while I'm at work she just throws up and drinks to forget the bulimia. Pus she eats nothing. Her post-rehab help is pathetic. She hasn't the strength or willpower to go to AA meetings. She has no sponsor. She doesn't wat to recover. She keeps saying "I want to die." This is because her alcoholism is aggravated by bulimia. This combination is making her extremely sick.

There is no post-rehab assistance whatsoever. When I suggest things she just gets abusive and aggressive. It's a tragic situation. I've given the notice on my flat and we are supposed to move out in 2 weeks but she is constantly drunk and cannot have any meaningful conversation. I'm preparing myself for the worst because I think she will die soon. I love her and I want to see her happy and healthy but she is disintegrating. Plus it's affecting my health too, she was in a rehab unit for six months. It was nice visiting her while she was sober but as soon as she's come out she's drinking again and she behaves horribly. I am letting her stay in this cheap room I rented because finances have been tight for me recently. When she exited the rehab centre she had nowhere alse to go, so I let her stay here with me, when I returned from work today she just said "f*ck you, you are a f*cking failure," and all I am trying to do is help her and show some kindness.

The social services in this country, the United Kingdom, are disgraceful by the way; inept and incompetent.

Anyway, if you've read this far, thanks for listening, it's appreciated.