View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
crystal226

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around any visitation at this point because his solution to spending time with his kids consisted of passing out while your son was running around with a board that had nails sticking out of it, and neither of your children had been given any supper by 8 pm.

Just what benefit do you think the children would have at this point in seeing their alcoholic father, the same one that I just described above, who couldn't feed them or even stay awake to watch them?
Maybe I am making justifications for him, but since this is the first time anything like this has happened and he has been seeing them three days a week for two months now it seems a bit rash to cut off all visitation. I think for the last six months things have started to spiral downhill and I don't really know what to expect from him one day to the next. I feel like I am having to constantly make adjustments for his deteriorating behavior, but right now (today) I think they do benefit from seeing the man. I guess I just need to figure out a safe way for him to still see them. It is also really an issue I take personally because my father was a crack addict when I was growing up, but despite that since he always showed us love I would never wanted him out of my life. I want my kids to have a father in whatever capacity that is possible, but I also understand safety comes first.