View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by Phoenixthebird View Post
The basic emotional symptoms of Codependents involve fixing or controlling others through overt or covert threats instead of facing internal pain, and failing to recognize the disease in oneself. They have an intense need to feel needed by others in order to establish a relationship with them. Feeling that they know better how to take care of others than they know how to care for themselves. They are afraid to allow other people to be unique and independent individuals and to let events unfold naturally and spontaneously. They are "experts" in knowing best how things should turn out and how people should behave. They become resentful when not allowed to help others. They feel agitated and unhappy about others pain or struggle. They put aside their own hobbies and interests in favor of the hobbies and interests of others. Their world is rigid and inflexible, and they take comfort in routine.
I started to highlight and see now that it was rather pointless as I highlighted the whole darn thing!

That is like looking in a mirror. How unpleasant and boy do I hate it when other Co-Dependents in my life go all codie on me :rotfxko

I should maybe read this in the morning so I make a mental effort to lead each and every day in a more healthy manor.

I may have blown a gasket before school this morning. I do not need to be so rigid. We will not explode if we are late to school one day. I do not need to hold on to my agitation (or even have agitation) that last night was an unexpected night out of the house because it was FUN for one thing. If I lesson my agitation and discomfort I will have the patience to answer my anxious son's questions about his hair being flat and looking nice 427 times before school without losing my cool - which results in him losing his cool.........