View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
idreamblue

Thanks for your repsonse. I have some understanding of how alcholics effect families because we all went to counseling to deal with my father growing up. My mother used to constantly accuse me of being an alcoholic because me and my friends would meet up for karoke every three months and it happened to be a bar. Her counslor told her she needed to stop because it was untrue. My sister who is over 5 years younger then me goes to the bar at least 3 times a week and she thinks that's great because she is out being social. She lives her life through my younger sister who in her eyes does no wrong, and is totally in her business and tells her how to live her life. And my sister lets her, and that's why I think my mom thinks it's o.k. that she does that.

I feel like I am the parent and she is the child. I have to correct her to tell her to that some things she encourages my sister to do is wrong. She supports my sister meeting total strangers at a bar, quiting jobs just because she dosen't get along with one person, not paying her bills. And she turns on me when I don't want to get involved and wrapped up in those messes. However if it was me doing any of that she would kill me and I wouldn't hear the end of it. It makes no sense? She is absorbed into other people in my family who have dependcy and emotional issues. However with me she seems resentful and always tries to tear me down because I am sucessful, independent, and have a stable life.