View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 04:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JW123

I guess what gets to me the most is that I RESISTED getting involved with him as I knew about his drinking, but he said he was in recovery. We have enjoyed a very passionate relationship and I so looked forward to the text messages and the e-mails and phone calls when he was away (He travels a lot). We certainly were not in each others pockets because of his extensive travels and I always looked forward to "our weekends" without the children. Gradually he has become more and more distant. Just two weeks ago he took me out to the most special dinner. It was like old times, we had so much fun and then I did not see him for the next 48 hours and it was supposed to be "our weekend". He was away the whole of last week and arrived back in town last night.....so I guess the call today is to tell me subtly that he is staying away. What does he mean, we will chat in a week or so? Is that his way of saying it is over. I mean I told him that a few weeks ago...it is the "I love you" thing that keeps me on my toes and thinking positive.