Old 11-23-2010, 03:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
clara

I'm back. Its been a really busy past couple of weeks. I really took to heart the wisdom from all the comments. I realize I shouldn't focus on this ex but rather my recovery, but as my three month "time out" comes to a close soon I am having to say the serenity prayer quite a bit and redirect my thinking away from this situation. I keep finding myself feeling sadness and fear over the possibility that I may have lost this person in my life. But then I remember that all I have to do is stay sober and do the next right thing or at the very least, the next thing and I will have to let the rest go. I miss my boyfriend's friendship and regret my actions but I am really working hard at staying in the present and having faith that I am exactly where I am supposed to be and that everything happens for a reason. Perhaps he came into my life just to be the impetus to get back into recovery. And if that is all I walk away with, it is enough. The rest I will have to leave to my higher power. But it is hard.