View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nicam

I hear that, Lotus 2009...I too need a CHEAP clinic, more like a FREE clinic.

My boyfriend is also a RAH (painkiller addict to be more precise), has almost 6 months clean now, and I was really depressed and obsessed when he was high and abusive, and flip-flopping/unavailable during the first few months of his recovery. Then, he did a complete 180 after steps 4 and 5, got a sense of humor and coping skills, got a stronger sense of self and acceptance, and became so attentive and supportive, and committed to me. It's really cute, like we're falling in love the right way, and it's what I wanted, him getting healthy and clean and us riding off into the sunset together. Then I got the job I wanted, and things, while they are not perfect, are on the right track. But I am STILL depressed! Last week my alcoholic mother was found in an unfathomably horrible state by my aunt, and she's in the hospital while my 13 year-old brother is bouncing from relative to relative (familiar situation). Not helping with the depression...

Point is, even when I had a fairytale life with prince charming I was STILL depressed! Hoping it will subside with long overdue alanon and spiritual recovery, but like Freedom 1990, I too will be OK with meds as long as they work!