View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everydaypeople

new and processing

I have been reading posts here for a while though this is my own first posting. I am trying to process news I recieved.

My auntie, who is a few years old than me and grew up like my sister, is an alcoholic. I haven't spoken to her in 2 years because of her drinking. We had a tumultuous few years before that as I tried to change patterns and she couldn't adjust to changes. Now, I just learned ( a couple days ago) she was drunk driving, involved in an accident in which another motorist died.

I don't know how to process this. I am so sad that the death of another is her rock bottom. She's been in rehab facilities twice before but kept drinking. I sent her an email but not sure how to reach her as she's in another rehab facility until her court date.

I keep thinking how her life has just crashed hard. I'm grieving for her. I'm grieving for the victim and his family. I found an Al-Anon meeting close by that I'll try to attend. But I keep playing scenarios over in my head. I keep thinking of times we had growing up. The computer and this forum seem a good distraction for me.

ever grateful...EverydayPeople