Thread: All at once...
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
evenkeel

I'm angry. I am so angry at all of this. Why do people feel it's OKAY to abuse alcohol and let it affect their families like this? I have my wife with her alcohol issues that are under control for right now but have very nearly driven us apart in the recent past. I have my SIL who neglects her own child because of and for alcohol and my heart aches for him. I have my FIL who is within a few months of dying of alcoholism and all of the crap that has led up to this point. I'm angry at my SIL for treating me like that because of alcohol. I'm angry at my FIL for making my wife cry because of his choices. I'm angry at my MIL for faciliating all of them and helping to get to this point in all of their lives. I don't blame her for them being where they are but I'm angry that she made those choices. I'm so frustrated, and angry, and sad, and just....everything.

I know I don't have to hang around and deal with this....I know none of them have to either (morally at this point with FIL, maybe, but not otherwise)...but yeesh, really? I feel bad for being angry but it feels good to get it out. I'm telling myself that it's okay to be angry, even normal, and to just move on but I'm stuck in this rut where the anger gets bigger every time the docs say FIL is a little closer to death......