Old 11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by TeM View Post
For the past ten years, we have spent Thanksgiving at my Mother-In-Law's Sister's house; they have a large family and everybody brings something.

This year, however, we can't make it because AW got drunk and broke her ankle. I refuse to wrestle her in and out of somebody else's house in a wheelchair (no ramp). Her mother and sister, who do not know about her drinking, are a little miffed at me... but they'll get over it.

So, for the first time ever, we're having Thanksgiving at home with Daughter and her boyfriend. It may turn out to be kind of nice. I've already bought a small Turkey breast and a small ham, and we'll be patching together our own version of a Thanksgiving Day meal with green bean casserole, au gratin potatoes and Mexican cornbread. Oh, and my daughter requested deviled eggs.
Good for you deciding what you will and will not put up with regarding hauling the aw around. And yes, they WILL get over it, like Catspj's says, whatever they think is none of your business!

You've got a great open mind, and I bet it will turn out to be kind of nice. The menu sounds beautiful.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote