View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Maverick86

work the steps.... live the program!

there is a saying in A.A. A hard drinker puts the drink down and all of a sudden everything in his life gets better. however, when an alcoholic puts the drink down it seems as if everything in his life gets worse!!! Congrats, you are a REAL alcoholic...(though i'm sure you already know that beings that yer in the program and have gotten a sponsor lol) In my opinion there are two keys to getting better and freeing yourself from the symptoms you explained: those keys are time/patience and the 12 steps. plug yourself in to the idea that there IS a plan and that everything is going the exact way it's supposed to go. learn to laugh at yourself. i am experiencing every single thing that you mentioned, but today i no longer allow it to dominate my mood. once i'm aware of it i just start cracking up at how screwed up i've become!!! lol it's all good, it WILL get better. it took many years of doing the WRONG thing to get to this uncomfortable spot in our lives. in the same token it will take much time of us doing the RIGHT things in order to reverse the process. it is reversing already, i assure you. it's just that we are sooo gosh darn hard on ourselves and it doesn't help that we have expectations GALORE of where we should be at emotionally, physically and spiritually. love where you are at now, love the path that you are currently on rather than dwelling on the path you wish you were on. it gets better, one moment at a time. it just takes many moments that's all.....