Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

There is something you can do to help your family...

...but it requires reaching beyond the internet (not replacing it, but adding to it). Please go to an Al-Anon meeting in person and by yourself, even if you have before. Then try six different meetings before deciding if it is for you. You can find a meeting here:

Find a meeting in Florida

Good luck.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by Lifes2good View Post
My son is in rehab spent his 23 birthday in detox...working on his recovery 2 weeks tomorrow sober

I joined another dicussion board to help with his addiction which is to oxys...

I'm now here because my husband of 5 years is an alcholoic. He hid it well when we first met....or I didn't recognize it because I had never known one.

After our first year of marriage it became real to me. His parents died within 22 days of each other....and downhill it went. Started drinking everynight 12-18 beers. In December of 2009 he went into a state run detox...found out it was his 6th time. He had a rought detox medically. Did great for two months when he got out...attended meeting every morning, afternoon and night....tried to hit the 90...fell just fell short. He was offered a good paying job on the road....and here we are again.

Now that my son is in rehab and will be coming home he wants to do it again...7th time will probably be worse. He works close to home now and meeting swill be easier.

I'm looking for a detox that is in Florida that is state run...he has no insurance. Does anyone have any information?