View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
firestorm090

The smaller turkey is better!

Hello SR friends,

Been kinda quiet lately, which is good sometimes, for it allows me to reflect and grow a bit, (not too much tho, lol.).

However yesterday an incident occurred that caused me to reflect a bit on not drinking lately and it seemed relevant to the holiday season upon us.

I was at the grocery shopping for that "perfect bird" for the upcoming big day, and grabbed a huge bird off the rack. As I placed it in my cart, a lady asked the butcher where a certain brand of turkey was. Curious, I asked, "hey, what's the difference?" and she said the brand I had chosen was pumped with drugs to increase size and plumpness, while the other brand was natural/grain fed turkey. While the drugged turkey was cheaper and bigger, I told her, "Hey, I don't want some fake stuff, I want a real bird, and put my selection back on the rack and chose the other brand, which had smaller birds, but I found one that's just right.

It kinda reminded me of how I was when all pumped up with booze, strutting my stuff, looking and feeling good initially, but then deflated at the end. This year I'm sticking with the real me, and although I might not look as good, it's as good as it gets and that's for real.

Thanks for helping me see this.

Happy Thanksgiving All and keep it real.