Thread: Opinions Please
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
crazybabie

Unhappy Opinions Please

When I first joined SR it was because of the drug use of my oldest son. He is dual diagnosis he abuses drugs and is schizoaffective. I received word yesterday that he has been transferred to the jail that had a hold on him. Meaning he will, likely be out soon.

I know we should take things one day at a time with that said in his case I am payee over his disability check I have had Social Security remove me several times and when he can not get an organization they start mailing them to me again.

He has so many felonies that I can only put him in motel rooms (the ones he has not been kicked out of yet)
I am trying to make some kind of plan in my head as what to do when he gets out. The doctors have told us for years he needs group home living. Yet, I can not force him.

I am in all honesty scared of him. He has never hit me but is verbally abusive when using.
I though of suggesting to him that he go to the local rescue mission the have a program there he could be in and have some where to stay as well. (He has been kicked out of there before)

I also thought of asking my doctor to write SS a letter stating I am not capable of handling his finances due to my own diagnosis. (We have same doctor and that is true)

He called me from the jail using someone’s phone card and pretty much tried to tell me what I am going to do. I have to set some boundaries with him like I have with my other two kids and my AH.

Just not sure to what extent I can do that under these circumstances. Would doubling up on meetings possibly be helpful?

Sorry so long I just am lost on this one. He always finds a way to get his drug so seems to me he should be ok without me having to handle his stuff.

Thanks for listening and any opinions would be truly appreciated

I wanted to add I have had five different officers ask me if I have life insurance on him because of their experiences with him, one time a man ran his truck through my sons motel room because he sold the man chopped up candle and passed it off as crack.