Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

LMC (Little Miss Coyote), my 9yo daughter, has W-Th-Fr off school, and I still have every day off. Ha!

Our adopted sister/auntie is cooking dinner at her house, but she's out of town till Saturday, so TG will be Sunday this year. Better late than never.

So we'll mess around and see some movies and stuff. Thursday just the two of us will probably go to Luby's cafeteria, they have a pretty good turkey dinner, so we will get TWO turkey dayz. It is my favorite holiday meal ever, so twice is O.K. with me.

We strung Christmas lights around the INSIDE of LMC's bedroom window around this time 3 years ago and liked them so much we just left them up, kind of like a blinking night light for her....I know, it'd drive me nuts, but she loved it. They FINALLY burned out a month or so ago, so we'll replace them next weekend.

This will be our 4th alcohol free holiday season, much better now. Rather than the "no holds barred drunkfests" of years gone by. My stress level used to start gradually rising around September in preparation of all the drunken nonsense between Thanksgiving and New Years.

My axw used to love to say I'd ruined every holiday for 13 years, and she was right! I was so revved up on stress, by the time the drinking started, it was awful. I'm sure it took years off my life.

That was no way to live. I'm very grateful to be free of it all.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote