View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
johndelko408
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Good job on keeping the plug in the jug. I totally feel for you regarding your dog. When I was a sophomore in high school (1998) I got a German rottweiler. In 2008 she got cancer and also went blind. I remember coming home after work one day and I saw her in the backyard looking very lethargic and confused. When I went back there to see what was going on I called her over to me. She was walking into things and stumbling. I took her to the vet to have tests done on her and they told me she had cancer. I had two choices pay $2000 for surgery or have her put down. At the time I could not afford the $2000, so I had to make the hard decision to put her down. I couldn't do it myself because it hurt to much, she was my baby for 10 years. I asked my mom if she could do it for me. This was all around Christmas of 08. I decided that she would spend one last Christmas with me before I had my mom take her. The day after Christmas I was at work and my mom brought her by so I could say my final goodbye. I went to my moms car and spent my lunch break petting my dog, telling her I love her, that I'd miss her and would never forget her. I gave her one last kiss on her head and said goodbye. After my mom left she called me back about 5 minutes later and told me my dog got up gave her a kiss went back to the back seat and just passed on. At work I just broke down and started crying in front of all my coworkers cause it broke my heart that my doggie held on long enough so that we could have our final goodbye. She was the first dog I've ever had as my own, not the family dog so my attachment to her was strong. Till this day I still miss my Sophie.