View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

What a Lady and a life.

Mum is not only wonderful for her longevity, but her whole life has been one of love and enjoyment, hard work and staying positive.....even at times of utter hardship and despair. Seeing her dad killed by a car outside their front gate in about 1922, was a terrible experience, but she went to help out a large family after school, and on Sundays cooked their roast dinner. For this she proudly gave her mum all she earned....2 shillings and a cabbage. She brought the cows in for milking, and helped her mum get ready for the loads of washing to be done, which supported the family without their breadwinner.
She worked up to 75 when after breaking her collarbone badly, she realised that cooking professionally was over for her. Friends and those in need were delighted to get her gifts of food, or invites to dinner, and the night I got there....she had my favourite meal in the oven.....pasties!!! And each one was as good as the ones she made for me over the past 60 years.

What wonderful lessons she has taught me, mainly by her example, and she has shown time after time, that doing a small service for someone, without making a noise about it....means more than a grand gesture with all the hoopla and grandstanding. She calls herself "a simple woman", but I think she is wonderful, inspiring and my guiding light and proudly call her "Mum".

Her pets, named after her mum and sister.

Her garden has given her great joy, and lots of pleasure to many.
will have snaps on a following post.