View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
naive

hiya jw-

please don't hesitate to share what's going on...believe me, we've all done the same thing!

so, nothing in response. how thoughtful of him! sounds like passive-aggressive mind games to me.

with alcoholics, it's oftentimes the poor me. they are quite self-absorbed and mine couldn't really see past his drink-induced life troubles to see that his actions hurt my feelings a lot.

it's like a bottomless pitt of suffering with them. so, he's feeling sorry for himself that his drinking ruined his marriage while still drinking.

you know, jw, i wouldn't take any of this personally. this is just par for the course with alcoholics. if it wasn't his divorce, it would be that he's misunderstood. if it wasn't that, it would be that life is unfair. if it wasn't that, it would be that his boss is unreasonable....

alcoholics will find any excuse under the sun EXCEPT their drinking. and we are to not have any needs ourself as we comfort them while dancing around the elephant in the room.

why don't you get yourself a nice man who doesn't think you're needy but thinks you're fantastic! and by the way, a text a day from my lover is reasonable and not needy at all.

naive