Old 11-18-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

The last "conversation" with my DDH concerning his health problems, I told him if he can not take care of himself, than I don't want him to take care of me!

At the beginning of 2010 I was in intensive care and almost died. I am missing a crunk of time that I do not remember. It was literally through the Grace of God that I survived. My doctors, themselves, could not scientifically explain my recovery. I suffer immobility problems, and short term memory recall, but I'm like the Phoenix the bird and am "rising from the ashes".

Well, any way, I had fallen asleep on my bed earlier tonight. My adult son is my caregiver at the present time. He came to check on me and to make sure I had taken my night time medicine. I still share my bedroom with my DDH and he heard my son and I talking about my medicine. He interrupted in our conversation and made some comment about my medicine. I without any thinking just blurted out "I thought I had told you that I don't want you to worry about my medicine".

Of course this got him mad and he stormed out of our bedroom. I didn't follow up this statement with any further words or actions.

I'm kinda proud of myself!