View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sassyea

Red face Went to my first Al-anon mtg.

I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off of my chest. I have a million questions. The people were warm and extremely caring. It was a huge and unfortunate relief to hear the many stories of loved ones affected by this horrible disease.

I am just now quite sure how to deal w/ AH asking me how my meetings went. He has asked me what they talk about and if I feel better? Not quite sure how to handle that one. I want to say, "I feel a lot better knowing I am not the only one living w/ an AH!!!!" That I am not the only one who's world has fallen apart because you do not have life coping skills. I just tell him that it is a group where I talk and I don't feel so alone and I try and change the subject. This is for me and our babies. Not for you.

Also, he is overjoyed that he has found anti-depressants and I am happy if they make him feel better. I do not reply when he tells me, "This is it, no more drinking." I know that he can't make that promise to me as I have did in the past. I am living one day at a time.