Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by jayscott View Post
Her mom is staying with us to watch the baby, while I've moved finances around and talked to an attorney. She started going to AA last week (one meeting per week), started seeing a therapist (again, once a week). That's as far as she's willing to go. I can see the tension building up inside of her the past few days (she's been sober for about 10 days now), I hate being so cynical but it seems like only a matter of time before another crash.

I know this sounds like a rather sad post, but I actually wanted to say thank you to everyone who had commented earlier...that was the beginning of finding myself again. Her family and I still say a prayer for her now and then, and hope that she chooses a more aggressive course of treatment and support, but accept that it's out of our hands.
You could have been writing my story. It is sad, but you situation came to a head about 4 years before mine did. For that you may be grateful one day.

Good to see you're taking the necessary steps to protect yourself and your little boy. Glad her mom is in there helping, I had the opposite experience.

My wife also got a CPS report courtesy of the hospital emergency room. In retrospect it was a God send for me.

When the time comes CPS will be a very good ally in the custody proceedings. I'm convinced that without CPS in my corner I'd have never gotten custody of my daughter.

I don't know how I missed your earlier thread, but I'm very glad you came to update. In a weird way, I'd consider your story a success, you got out relatively quickly with your boy semi unscathed.

I hope one day you'll be able to look back with gratitude.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote