View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thumper

I know it is hard, but try and block out the chatter of all the rest of the people that are not living your life.

Go where you need to go, do what you need to do, so that you are the best person, the best mother, that you can be. I am a much better mother now that my life is more peaceful, more sane, more stable, more secure.

When I left I was very afraid, very confused, and it was very painful. My children were 3yo twins, 8yo, and 10yo. I did have the support of some family (which was significant - I'm so sorry you don't have that), I was broke but I already had a job - which was also significant.

Small steps towards your goal. Just the next right thing. If freedom is what you want, and you can't be free today, you can make it one day at a time until you are at the point where you can leave. Put your feet on the floor in the morning and remind yourself that this is not the day but you know where you are going, you have a plan. You can handle one more day.

Disclaimer: There was no violence in my marriage. I was afraid of many things but I was not afraid of him hurting me or our children. I do not have any idea about the right things to do in a case where that is an issue. I urge you to speak with someone here, or with a domestic violence hot line in your area to get more appropriate support if that is an issue for you. My prayers *are* with you and your boys.