View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sassyea

Please single parents who left AH/W

Before you left were you alone? Afraid? Broke? How old were your kids? What did you do? What was your breaking point?

I have no support EVERYONE thinks I need to give him another chance but I was in a relationship w/ a person who had other issues who didn't commit to me prior to meeting AH. I wasted 11 years of my life w/ this man hoping/praying and manipulating him to marry me. Never happened!

Because of past hurt I can't do it again. I am not going to let AH take my lifle from me. He doesn't deserve my precious young years. I know the script all too well. We will have a honeymoon period for the next 10-11 months and then something will happen and a couple of beers will be followed by a bottle of wine for me so that he can drink. He will hide the beer and the wine in the garage and I will go off looking for it when he begins to act as if he has been drinking, verbally argumentative etc etc.

We will go on as happy wife and hubby w/ our two boys planning our futures and then something stressful will happen in our lives (work, the kids getting sick, credit card debt) which will cause him to drink. "I'm not an alcoholic I just drink to deal w/ all the stress I am under."

As sure as the sky is blue there will be another occurrence and the next one will be worse than the last.

Will it be me that gets hurt my babies or my AH? I am supposed to stick around like a good wifey and "help" him get help. I need to call my doctor and my psychologist fast. My head hurts writing this.

My feelings toward men are diminshing. Absentee father who gave a crap about me. An unemotionally unavailable mother and the one person who loved me unconditionallly-my grandmother IS GONE!

All I have in this world are my two boys. Please pray for me.