View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Thumper

I became very good at letting go of having the last word. My xah did not follow me around so I went for a very long time with the ignoring, letting it all go, not arguing, not even bringing it up, nodding when appropriate and not responding. It worked to keep a somewhat harmonious house. It worked at getting through the days. There was no arguing. I was not 'really' letting it go though because the resentment became so huge, so overwhelming, it was eating me alive. I was ignoring myself, my needs, my reality, as well.

I do not know how to detach and stay in the marriage without becoming consumed by frustrating, bitterness, anger, resentments. So for me, it was a good short term strategy - but a very very poor long term strategy. I eventually became exhausted in every way imaginable and hit my bottom. I felt like my mind was literally shattering into a zillion pieces and I couldn't figure out what was going on any longer.

Now that we are apart I really can detach. I really don't care if he has the last word or if he doesn't understand. It doesn't matter in my life. I can really let it go. I no longer have resentment and wow - what a difference. I am also learning how to not ignore myself, my needs, my life. I don't mean my need to have an afternoon off. I mean my inner or mental self. My thoughts, my feelings, my need for security, my emotions etc. I didn't even know what those were any longer.