View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

i am now starting to learn how to just walk away, go in my room to be alone but then he follows me and needles me and yells in my face so sometimes i feel there is no escaping it. if i try to leave the house he blocks my way, then he cries and its all so exasperating. but i am learning to "agree" or "pacify" him in order to keep the peace (for myself). the next morning though, look out because i'm on a rampage and i hold nothing back. then things are great for a day, then right back to square one again. i want to get off this ride so bad.
Breakingglass you can. I did, so have many of the folks here. For me, I was raised in an insane, alcoholic, physically emotionally spiritually and sexually abusive home. So being yelled at, cheated on and told I was a piece of crap was acceptable on a very primal level.

It triggered my abandonment issues from childhood. I'll be good, just please don't leave me.

These four sentences, repeated when I felt that I had no options, gave me the power to pack my **** and take my children and leave-no matter what.

I am leaving you now
I am free of you and your toxic behaviors
This is my choice
All is for my greater good.

Hope this helps!