View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:15 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
viavai

Hi, there! I'm new to this section of SR, too, and you all seem like a great group of people (just finished reading entire thread from beginning to end). I think this is where I belong, as I am also a secular humanist/agnostic. I have mostly been hanging out on the Alcoholism forum, because I am newly sober (26 days) again after a nine-month relapse (before which I had 4+ years). It wasn't that nothing was working for me; it was that I wasn't working any sort of program--not my own, not CBT, not anything. I became complacent and then decided that I could "control" my drinking--which I found that I could, up to a point, and that point was misery. Misery at always wanting more (mental obsession) and misery about occasionally having more, and then the demoralization and shame that comes along with that m.o.

I decided that I was sick of living that way (all that sneaking and lying to my husband was wearing me out, and I found it to be a very stressful way to live), so I made the decision to stop the insanity of my actions and behaviors. I'm already feeling much better, and my self-concept is greatly improved from 26 days ago.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi."

Viavai