Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Dear LostFamily, "Let go and let God"! I feel your pain and to me those words are more than just a slogan. Your wife has given you NO choice but to follow those words.I have had to follow those words myself not only with my alcoholic husband but, also, after my only daughter completed suicide.

Letting go is the ultimate answer to distress, when all else fails. Resisting and rejecting our present experience sometimes just keeps us locked in struggle against it. Letting go opens up the door to working with what is inevitable, rather than fighting against what is inevitable. As we let go of our willful need to control our situation, we come into our power to transform ourselves. We can get very stressed and suffer terribly when frustrated by things we cannot change. In these situations a surprising breakthrough can come from the simple act of "surrender".

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can change; And wisdom to know the difference!