Old 11-15-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lostfamily

Unhappy

She again went back to a detox facility and was placed into a 28 day program that had an excellent reputation where we live. I was so proud of her and all of the staff thought she was doing incredibly well. They had a family week and. Her mother, sister, brother and I were very supportive. The staff recommended a sober living home after she was released.

After one day out she figured out there was a liquor store within walking distance and she was back at it again. She was drinking in the sober living home and the woman that ran it was in shock. She eventually went back to detox at the same facility where all the staff was saying how well she did for the 28 day program. She said she felt rejected and did not like having to see all the disappointment it their faces that she relapsed.

After two days of detox she went AWAL and took off on foot from the hospital. One of the women she was friends with at the sober living home brought her purse to her. So this started a wild goose chase trying to figure out where she was. We went to the closest grocery store and ask the store manager if she had seen my wife. They went through the checks and figured out she had been there about an hour and a half before we got there.

The goose chase continued trying to figure out where she was then it dawned on my to check to closest hotel. It was by the grace of God I found her. She had drank a 1.5 liter bottle of vodka and in my opinion was trying to drink herself to death.

We eventually got her to the emergency room, this was the worst I had ever seen her she had to be physically restrained to stay. I thought for sure this was a suicide attempt.