View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
We had a nice weekend with our beautiful grandson. He is such a joy. He's five years old and is such a bubbly, happy child. He reminds me so much of my son when he was that age.

We visited my son at the treatment center and the visits went well. It was the first time in a very long time that I was able to see my son actually interact with his son in a loving and healthy manner. He was a Daddy. And it was really nice to see them together. The hug that my grandson gave his Daddy as we left was such a very long one with his head resting on his Daddy's shoulder. It was a beautiful moment.

It was strange. This little child was so full of energy and laughter. My son's new friends in recovery were laughing at his antics and a couple of them said that they were so thankful that they got to experience that. Many of them are getting off of drugs that leave them feeling like crap.....like they can't experience joy. But they did experience laughter and the joy of a five year old yesterday and it was wonderful to witness.

So what does this have to do with staying grounded? I dunno. But as I was standing there watching them play and giggle, I realized that each one of these people are loved dearly by someone. And I just felt glad that they were all there.....not just my son.

I guess the "grounded" part is that I felt so connected to "the moment". Living in the present minute......not thinking about "what if's" or "what's next". Just enjoying being in the moment with all of those addicted men who want to change their lives. It felt very peaceful to me. I would say it was SERENITY.

I don't know what the future holds but I think I'm getting better at the one day at a time concept. lol

gentle hugs
Kindeyes,
This brought me to tears. I can imagine the beauty of that moment. A pure sweet child, sharing his enthusiasm with those who have not had much beauty in their lives for a while. And as you said, they are loved by someone too. I pray for all of them, that they find their way to peace and joy. I am glad that they are there too. Bless them all.

Your grandson is a blessing , isn't he...
Thank you for sharing this. very touching, Kindeyes.
hugs,
chiciry