Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Please listen to Freedom1990...

...this advice can be your salvation and the beginning of a very rewarding life for you. If you were my daughter, and you easily could be, I'd be praying right now that you listen to Freedom 1990, and that you go to an Al-Anon meeting, six diffferent meetings until you decide if it will work for you.

Please keep an open mind, realize you are not alone in your situation, and know that there is a solution for you if you take the focus off of him and put it on yourself. My first question I always ask of myself is what is it about me that makes me attracted to alcoholics, drug addicts, and needy people? The second question I ask myself is, Why am I not attracted to healthy people?

Take care. My thoughts are with you.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Hi lady, and welcome to SR.

You will find lots of information and support here among friends.

He's been through rehab, so he has the tools to seek and maintain recovery.

He's chosen not to do that. His dry spell are just that...dry. That's abstinence, not recovery.

Factor in the mental health issues, and his refusal to take the meds for the rapid cycling bipolar, and you are looking at a freight train out of control.

There are three C's to remember:
You didn't cause his alcoholism.
You can't control his alcoholism.
You can't cure his alcoholism.

Please check into Alanon meetings in your area for face-to-face support among those who understand.

Get the book "Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie. It was a real eye-opener for me. "Women Who Love Too Much" by Robin Norwood is another good one.

Alcoholism is progressive-it only gets worse, never better, if left untreated.

That part of you that doesn't want this life is trying to tell you something.

Again, welcome to SR, and you are among friends.