Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HealingWillCome

Welcome, Lady. I'm glad you've found SR. You'll find a lot of experience, strength, and hope (ES&H) here.

It's okay and natural to be concerned about your future with an alcoholic. That's nothing to feel guilty about. It would be more alarming if you weren't concerned for yourself or any children that could come out of this relationship.

It's also okay and healthy to be concerned for your own welfare. I have learned in my experience with an XAH and XABF that I can't expect anyone else to be responsible for my happiness. As long as I am taking care of myself, honoring and respecting myself, then the peace and happiness follow naturally. It hasn't been an easy road, but once I started looking inward to resolve my own issues, I was able to see why I was choosing A's to be the men in my life. It has taken a lot of reading, counseling, prayer, and support from friends, family, and people like those at SR to help me find my way.

I second the Al-Anon and Codependent No More suggestions. They are great places to start.

Hope you stick around! Hugs to you.