Old 11-14-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
johndelko408
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Originally Posted by goldengirl3 View Post
He said that he thought I kept my ex from feeling "empty."

Did he mean this in a narcissist supply kind of way? Or in a addict not feeling empty kind of way?

I've been trying to understand what that means exactly. Does anyone have any light they can shed on that?
I can relate to him, I'm an alkie/addict and my wife left me and I felt very empty inside. From recovery I learned the reason I felt empty was because I wasn't spiritually fit (still not completely). But I'll tell you what I've learned about alkies/addicts pursuing romantic relationships. When we first pursue a romantic relationship, the other relationships in our lives get moved to the back-burner. This is especially true when it comes to our relationship with a higher power. The reason for this is simple: a new romantic interest “fills us up” and “makes us whole” again, completely filling the spiritual void that otherwise would have been filled by our spiritual practices. I've learned that the two most important relationships are with yourself and your higher power. This is just what I've learned so far through my recovery and to me it makes sence. I hope this helps you out.