View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NoAlcoholToday

Will she be even more mad with me?

I feel a bit like I am throwing myself into the lions den as I am the alcoholic and my wife is the codie. Anyway here goes...

I am on day 6. Early days I know but I am feeling really determined this time to simply take each day one at time instead of setting up long term goals (to fail). It seems to be working much better than my previous attempts as I only need to get to the end of "today" which is a whole lot more manageable.

Anyway my wife is away on business and I haven't told her yet. She doesn't get back for another 10 days and I am hoping to make it past the worst of the withdrawals stuff before she gets back. I dont want her to muscle in or take control right now cos I'd be bound to flip.

Everything has seemed pretty illogical for so long and I was hoping maybe some of you codies out there can give me an inside track on what is coming around the corner at me?

I read somewhere that many marriages end in divorce EVEN after the alcoholic has quit and this got me to thinking. If I finally take control of my life and beat this thing, will I in some way be taking the one thing away from my wife which she can rely on to be mad at me about? On the surface she will almost certainly be thrilled but, deep down, is she going to be even madder at me cos I took away her reason for codependency?

Thanks for any advice (or even if you just want to tell me to stop be so self centred!).