View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

I have found it very interesting lately that we've had a number of heated threads. I'm not sure what has brought it on, although I've been here long enough to recognize it as part of our ebb and flow.

I've said it a number of times - each of gets here at our own time, and each is at a different place in his or her journey. Honestly, I think it's really important for everyone to remember that we don't "know" the people on these forums (with few exceptions). We only know what they share here.

And, I'll remind everyone of our basic rules. In summary: Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean

If someone rubs you the wrong way, put that person on ignore

If you are seriously bothered, insulted, frightened etc by a thread please report it so the moderators can handle it.

Most importantly, try to remember what it was like whn you were new, first here, first coming to grips with the devastation you felt as you realized you had a loved one who was struggling with alcoholism or addiction, and you didn't know what to do.

When I was in that place, the LAST thing I needed was someone else - especially someone I barely knew - to sternly tell me what I needed to do or not do, what I was doing wrong, that I should leave him etc etc. I was in a dangerous situation, and that kind of actiion could have been deadly for me.

It's really best for all if we share our own experience, strength and hope. How WE feel, what we do, what worked for us, what didn't.

Cats
Forum Mod