View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
phineas

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
. This is, in fact, a Friends and Family Al-Anon Board. While it is completely appropriate to let go, vent, and have people who understand and will listen without judgement, we are supposed to be very careful in how we offer advice (more like "suggest" and "consider," and less like "do this."). BTW, I don't see very much political correctness in Al-Anon meetings, or see how that's related to recovery in any way, and I go to two or more a week.

Cyranoak

P.s. I can be an ******* sometimes, so feel free to tell me when you think I'm manifesting my assholiness.

I'll take you up on that.
This is a Friends and Family of Alcoholics forum, not an Al-anon forum. There are many forms of recovery, and Al-anon is only one of them. What works for you, doesn't necessarily works for other.

And what you wrote the other day:
Originally Posted by Cyranoak
You can, however, change you. Get to an Al-Anon meeting. Go to at least six different meetings before you decide if it is for you. If you don't do this it will be the worst decision of your life. I guarantee it.
Is also a little pretentious of you. There isn't really anyway you can guarantee that what worked for you will work for someone else.
I stopped going to Al-anon after 5 meetings, because it wasn't giving me anything. I really don't think it's the worst decision of my life, I'm doing pretty well without it, thank you.