View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

Everyone has their own journey in their own time. You can't control it. Just like you can't control your alcoholic.

You can't make someone else do the steps of "recovery" as you think they should. That itself is codepenant! When you decide for someone what they should or shouldn't be doing and then are mad because they don't do what you think they should be doing - that is codependancy.

I guess my kvetch is, post a fun and silly thread about what you're doing for the Holidays to celebrate yourselves. Post a fun and silly thread about movies you enjoy. Don't stick a drunk in a cage and invite your friends around to poke 'em with a stick and call it healing, therapeutic, fun.. or light in humor. Who's that healthy for? That's all I'm sayin'.
Why? Because this is a support forum for friends and family of alcoholics. We can discuss those topics anywhere - I don't need to come here to talk about those things. We're here because it's supposed to be a safe place to vent and discuss issues pertaining to these problems.

No one here PURPOSEFULLY meant any harm. There are 6 billion people on planet earth and you think everyone is going to think and be just like you? Think just like you and deal with things just like you?

Everyone needs to remember that we are all here together, going through bad things together and remember to be kind to one another.