View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

I finally found a thread for my favorite smiley! It is exactly what Smacked describes above:

I sure hope Transformy gets on here and sees this.

I am glad we are having this conversation because it is helping me to get in touch with some part of myself that has been heretofore alien to me. I can't put it into words but I know there is something here that triggered me and that there is something left for me to learn. I think maybe the way I felt when I read the original post, and the reason I stayed away, was because I felt like the blue guy in the smiley.

The way cryanoak put it:
to indict another group of people altogether
somehow made sense to me.

I really don't know and I wish someone would tell me.

I have never much cared what other people thought of me. I've always just done what I wanted to do and if someone else didn't like it, too bad. Except for people like my Mom or people I was in a "romantic" relationship with. I wonder if that is a leftover from my drinking days? But for the most part, if someone said something mean about me I think I didn't care. But when this thread was started it bothered me. And it wasn't until Smacked said something that something changed for me. I think it was that once Smacked said something, I realized that I even gave a damn that someone was making fun of me.

Can this be? Can someone really be this detached from their own feelings? Good lord, I am a mess.