View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
acdirito

After I came back home from suffering a massive stroke in DEC 2009, I begged my dry drunk husband to help me. When I came home the only member of my family I could rely upon was my 35 year old son. I received more care and compassion from my three border collies than I did from my husband. At one of my doctor's appointment that my DDH had taken me to, this issue came up.

Now, GET THIS!
My DDH's explanation was he just kept hoping for me to get better! HUH!? (I needed to get better before my DDH was willing to help me around the house.)

I guess I have come to realize I need to leave my current situation and start over again. Under normal conditions a normal place to reach out for support is our siblings. However, in my situation that would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I could only visit my sister who is six years older than me, but the only sister I feel close to, for a couple hours at a time at the most. She lives in Iowa and I live in San Antonio. She needs help which she refuses. I called her up yesterday just to talk to her. After we talked and we hung up, she called me back because she thought she just saw me in her home town.

Yes, I have to laugh at things for my own health and well being! I thought the F&F Forum was where we codependents could discuss what helps us make it one day at a time! I didn't realize we needed to be politically correct here.