Old 11-12-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
jluebs

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
P.P.S. One of my old BFs (not an alcoholic or addict, very good head on his shoulders, etc) once told me that because I am such a caretaker, I tend to baby people. He told me I should get a small dog and spend all my caretaking and babying on the dog. I am wondering if maybe I shouldn't do this. I also got the impression (and I apologize ahead of time if I am wrong jluebs) that you may also be a caretaker. It sounds like you have a very big heart. I did come to realize this about myself when I first got into Al-Anon. It was eye-opening.
Heh - yes, I already realize this about myself. This is one of my biggest issues in relationships. I tend to care so much about the other person that I stop caring about myself. Which is why writing that letter and doing what I did was so hard. I had never done that before, I have never put my own relationship at risk by a direct action on my part. I usually let people walk all over me until they have had enough and leave me in the dust. But now I did something different, and it is very hard for me to adjust to. I have the biggest heart. Sometimes too big!