Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jluebs

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
I am not a doctor and cannot make a diagnosis but I just wanted to jump in here and say that, while the seizures may be a symptom of alcohol withdrawal (and it's very dangerous to attempt to detox at home), they were also a symptom of end-stage alcoholism in my late boyfriend.
I am so sorry to hear about your late boyfriend. And no offense, but I hope I am not in your shoes some day... It seems that he is getting the seizures now from drinking a lot, and not just in the period after quitting drinking. Is this what your boyfriend experienced?

This is where I am not sure what to do. Because if he ends up dying from this soon, I feel like I could have done more. I feel like I just need to go down there and have one conversation with him, talk some sense into him, try to get him to realize that this is actually killing him - and he will die if he doesn't stop. I know it is stupid to think that he may not know this, but he has not been through this kind of thing before on his own. I feel like if I could just tell him that one more night of drinking can kill him - that I can maybe shock him enough and get him into some sort of treatment. I feel like I have to talk to him now, our relationship aside, the last thing I want is for him to be dead. I am convinced that I need to try this one time. I am so scared for him now...!