View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Think about your children...

...then think about yourself. His actions tell you everything you need to know. His words are meaningless-- anybody can say them. I'll say them right now: "You are the only woman for me, I'm sorry, I'll never do it again. I've hit bottom! I've really learned my lesson. I'm sober and back in AA! Forgive me! I love you. I'm nothing without you! You make me a better man!" See. I don't even know you. Words are easy to say.

Actions are everything. Words are nothing. Bottom line-- he wants his enabler back so he can go back to doing what he did before. I guarantee you he'll find another one if you refuse the job. The question is, are you going to take the job again, or will you let somebody else do it this time?

If you did not love him is there any scenario in which he is healthy for your children or healthy for you? Do you let him babysit if you don't love him. Do you choose to date a man like him knowing what you know?

Be strong. Protect your children. Protect yourself. Go to Al-Anon. A lot.

I say this as a man tired of seeing children hurt because their parents, like me, were too weak to make the right decisions.

Your questions are your answers.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by lookin4hope View Post
I posted my story a few weeks ago and the love support and feedback I got as well as reading others stories have been more comforting an helpful than I can begin to explain. I am in such a completely different place than I was from my original post. I am still having intermittent feelings if hurt and confusion but I have become stronger for my experiences and been taking steps toward my future and living less in the past.

Since my original post my ABF has been released from jail. I received this information second hand.....he did not contact me. A few days later the cable was turned off that was in his name. It seemed pretty clear he must be finished w me. It was a nice twist to the knife that was already in my heart. The next night he showed up w the cops to pick up his things. My heart sunk but at least I was not living with the unknown anymore. We were civil and I helped him with his things as he told me he didn't wanna do this and he loved me and asked for a hug. There wasn't much more conversation he finished packing and left. It broke my heart but I accepted that it was really over and that was that.

The next day he called from work(he got his job back) and was hysterical crying. He didn't want to do that,he was ordered from my house by the judge, he loved me so much, he missed me and my kids, he was empty with out us, he couldn't believe he lost us, he had gotten my letter and kept it with him all the time .....blah. He said the pain had gotten great enough and he was sober and back in AA.

REALLY!!!! I have such mixed feelings. I have gotten 2 phone calls like this. He has no phone so contact is minimal but I am feeling more anger than anything. I feel like he is still trying to manipulate me. I could be wrong but his actions and words are not matching up.

He got my letter which stated I was sorry, I loved him, and I hoped he got better and came home....it was very clear. I know he was in jail but I had made sure he had $ on his books but he did not respond to me or make any attempt to get any kind of message to me good or bad. He loves n missed us so much but made no attempt to contact me to let me know he was out and ok. No calls before he turned our cable off or showed up w police. And now these heartfelt expressions of love. Is it me or does it not make any sense?

I continue to moveviewerd but I of course still love him. I am afraid he is still trying to manipulate me and if I see him will get sucked back into the insanity. But what does he have to gain? And why would he cause more damage and pain. So far I am staying strong abut I am so confused. Any thoughts?