View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Lookin4Hope honey I am so sorry. Your post tears me up because I have been there too and I remember... And I know how very confusing this is.

Lots of people will say these are lies and manipulations. They may be. Or they may be true representations of how he feels. You and I cannot know; only HE can know. He may be sincere but first, doesn't what he is saying and his seeming desperation look unhealthy to you? If it were your close girlfriend telling you she is this way about some guy, would you encourage her to continue this way?

And second, can you see that even IF his words are true and sincere, that he is not capable of maintaining any semblance of a healthy relationship with ANYONE, including himself right now? Can you see that he really needs to help himself?

All of tHis is what I had to go thru recently. I loved the person truly and knew that the best thing for him was for me to stop enabling him and doing for him. It was hard and I literally cried like a baby but I had to let him go to give him the chance to find his own dignity.

The last time