View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Please remember...

..and you know this as a parent of children. What he says is meaningless. YOU KNOW THIS! What he does is the only thing that matters. This applies to all living beings of any race, creed, gender, and religion.

Weight the following factors like this:

What he says = 0 %,
He loves me = 0%
I love him = 0%
I'm lonely = 0%
He's lonely = 0%
I'm all powerful and can save him = 0%

What he does = 100%.

The only thing that matters is what we do, or what we fail to do. That's it. It's simple math and absolute truth.

You are a smart women. Do not, under any circumstances, expose your children to this man if he is not 100 percent immersed in his recovery by his choice. Even if you have a co-dependant martyr complex and an unnatural attraction to unavailable men, or men you get to try and "save," your children should not have to suffer for it.

My daughter was raised by an alcoholic and I was an accomplice to that. I could have protected her and I didn't because I was a clueless idiot who thought he could make his wife stop drinking, and I love her more than words can express. I let myself be blinded by that, and I will never recover from the shame of my failure to protect the most important person there is-- my baby girl. Worse, she may never recover from the damage inflicted upon her and she began experimenting with drugs at 13). She's 15 now and I can hear the bomb ticking.

You've been warned.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by JW123 View Post
Thank you so much for your insight. He has invited me to go to dinner with him this weekend. Not sure I want to, I mean how do I act having been in his life for a year, seeing each other a lot, and then in the last two weeks - NOTHING. I dont know what I will say to him, how to act, what to do. HE has create this divide between us, not me and I really dont know what to do or say anymore. Maybe I shuld go out, listen to what he says - SEE his actions and then decide once and for all? Love should NOT hurt.