View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

I, like many, have not had the strength to stay away from booze. Please show those who have not been as strong as yourself some compassion.
This is to Franie's comment - I'm not really sure how I have not shown compassion to others. Actually - I am a recovering alcoholic. Surprise! So badly that last year I had alcoholic hepatitis. ;0

To answer another person...I'm 31 years old. Not so "young" anymore but getting older, bluh, lol.

I have to say, these forums are great because it makes it easy to find some support. But at the same time they are frustrating. People come to these forums, make assumptions about others without getting more information from a few paragraphs and give advice.

I also find the codependant word being thrown at people so much very disturbing in the forums. People come on here posting topics to discuss ...sometimes they seem codependant and sometimes it seems that they just want a discussion or sometimes they just seem in great pain. But still, people will post things throwing the "You're being codependant" accusation. Isn't that codependancy in itself right there? Why don't these same people "focus on themselves?" lol. Just a thought.... (by the way that was not towards fannie or anyone in this forum. Just something I noticed on the site)