View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Babyblue

I love threads that take on a life of their own because it shows that we are all coming from such different perspectives and experiences.

Honestly, I don't see a reason for you to feel bad or insulted but I can understand if you did. I think it is important for people to dissect issues and ideas because only then will we understand. Your 40 years of experience dealing with the disease is a testament to your strength in putting up with so much for so long.

I also think it is great that those who were triggered spoke up. It just shows the variability of alcoholism and its affects on people's lives. We are all going to internalize and reflect about or own experiences and see it through our own lense. Don't feel bad. Really.

The one thing that I have noticed in this forum is the incredible amount of resilience and support from those who come here.. people such as yourself. As well as the insight gained from so much pain and struggle. It is mind blowing sometimes. Helps me see life beyond my own bubble. Make it what it needs to be for yourself and please don't stop posting things just because it may be controversial or challenging to others. You have a voice, we all do and sometimes in the situations we are in, we forget that. bb